well as I'm sure everyone did, I neglected this blog for the last month and a half. Not because I don't like blogs.. I love them.. I'm just really busy trying to make a movie. So where was I last. Auditions? Yes.
I had auditions. I found three acceptable people. Two of which turned out to be not as great as I'd imagined. One of them has seemingly done everything in his power to ruin my movie. I finished shooting last night and I hope I never have to see that boy again. Or at least never rely on him for anything again. Too bad really. He's a good actor. Just a flake. I won't go into my laundry list of complaints.. not because I don't want to .. it'd be nice to vent all my frustration with shooting.. but no one wants to hear it so I'll refrain.
During the last month I've spent about 20 hours perfecting my script, at least 20 shooting, and another endless amount of hours trying to keep my sanity in tact. I've found that depending on people is rather hard on me. I'm a perfectionist that likes to do everything myself. But you just can't do that with a movie. In fact, I could have used so much help on this. But I didn't have any and I'm afraid that fact is going to result in a subpar movie. Had I had someone to keep track of my actors, wardrobe, cinematography, sound, editing, and all that other jazz, I'd have had much more time to concentrate on concept and directing and all the specific things that I actually want to do when making movies. Not that I didn't enjoy doing it all. It was just really really hard. It was a good lesson about how much effort it will take for future projects. It also opened my eyes to the number of things I may have neglected or could improve on. By all rights this movie should have taken like 3 times as long to make. And it's already taken me 6 months and it's not over yet. So I'm guessing a 90 minute movie would take me about 2 years to complete. Maybe not if I get better at running the entire show.
It's really tough though to want to let other people help. I mean, I trusted those actors, and they turned out to be totally unreliable. Or at least 2/3rds of them did. I don't rely on people ever and this has been a huge reminder why. But it's becoming a catch 22. I can't do it myself.. but letting other people help is almost certainly asking for trouble.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment